Volunteer Abroad News
• Listen: Daniela Papi discusses voluntourism in Papua New Guinea.
• In precedent-setting move, Peace Corps announced that they will begin accepting applications from same-sex partners who wish to volunteer internationally together.
Study Abroad News
• Technorati rounded-up the five best apps for students studying abroad.
• First Turkey, and now Egypt. As civil unrest erupts, study abroad students are leaving the country.
• After experiencing difficulties finding new friends on social media, two former study abroad students have developed an app that allows users to instantly link on social networking sites.
Work Abroad News
• Britain has allegedly overtaken Australia as the most popular place for foreign workers to live abroad.
• Although there are no official numbers, it's believed that expats are leaving China in droves due to pollution problems.
• “A Fascinating Map of the World’s Most and Least Racially Tolerant Countries.”
• “Teenagers should not fly on their gap years, according to Russ Malkin, who travelled around the world on a motorcycle with Ewan McGregor.”
• “I'm 55 and want to take a gap year. Am I too old and should I worry about my finances?”
• “The 20 Most Expensive Cities in the World.”
Contests & Opportunities
• Nominate your favourite neighbourhood, street or city for the Great Places In Canada competition.
• Enter MEC’s “What Moves You” contest for the chance to win an Arctic camping trip.
• Are you a Canadian or American bartender? Enter a to win a chance to work at the Nightjar in London, which is ranked the third best bar in the world.