The main responsibility of a DAAD Research Ambassador is to promote research opportunities in Germany in his/her professional community, university or organization, and discipline. This can take the form of:
- Contacting departmental chairs and senior administration officers to share information about study and research opportunities in Germany, including DAAD grants and other organizations' funding programs.
- Arranging an informational meeting on campus each academic year for students in their department and/or prospective applicants to DAAD programs.
- Providing advice and support to students and researchers interested in pursuing academic activities in Germany in his/her field from any university or institution in the US or Canada and potentially doing the same for German DAAD grantees currently studying in North America.
- have completed a total of at least 10 months conducting research in Germany at the doctoral level or above;
- are familiar with the current research landscape in Germany for their respective discipline;
- are willing and able to attend the DAAD Research Ambassadors Training Workshop in New York City, from the evening of Thursday, August 14 until mid-day on Saturday, August 16.
Scholars and scientists from all disciplines are invited to apply.
Applications must be received by May 15, 2014.