On this Elephant care program, you will be working with the biggest and most gentle mammal on earth, the elephant. Here you will be involved with daily routine activities related to elephant care like, washing them, feeding them, making food bundles, making breads for them, taking them for a walk to the pond, massaging their heads, getting them ready for rides to earn for themselves and the mahout's family, cleaning their shelter area and many other things. When the elephants are not there, you can teach the kids of the family in your leisure time.
Major activities are as follows:
1. Visiting the elephant village
2. Accessing the needs of caring elephants
3. Interaction with the mahouts & identifying their needs
4. Meetings with children & motivate them to learn
5. Cleaning the elephants
6. Assist the mahout while bathing the elephants
7. Foot trimming of elephants & feeding sugarcane to them
8. Cleaning their living areas
9. Helping the mahouts while making folk designs on elephants before going for a ride
10. Teaching the mahout's children
11. Many others to explore by you!!
Naankuse Foundation: Human-wildlife conflict mitigation research, expert captive animal care and uplifting the San of Namibia
Enter our animal kingdom - responsible conservation volunteering done right.
Join our community of savvy travellers and put nearly two decades of inspiring articles, authoritative information and expert advice to work for you.
Hebrew University: Where Past and Future Meet
Travel with purpose; travel for good. Articles, resources and events for ethical and meaningful travel, volunteering, working and studying abroad.
Verge believes in travel for change. International experience creates global citizens, who can change our planet for the better. This belief is at the core of everything we do.
Follow us on social media