Part-time position (5-10 hours per week), $15/hr
Application deadline: ASAP and no later than February 12, 2016
Verge Magazine is seeking an intern for approximately 5-10 hours per week, to contribute to our digital content and social media. Working closely with our editor, the intern will:
• source photos for articles and blogs
• edit, re-size and optimize photos for web publishing
• update the Verge Magazine website
• assist with writing and scheduling posts for social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) for Verge Magazine and the Go Global Expo.
• experience working with Adobe Photoshop
• your own access to Adobe Photoshop
• proven experience and a good eye for editing images
• experience managing social media accounts
• impeccable writing and grammar skills
• meticulous organization skills
• ideally, an interest in travel
This position allows the intern to telecommute, with somewhat flexible hours according to a pre-arranged schedule. It requires the intern to have their own computer.
This position is open to residents of Ontario, and would be suitable for someone looking to gain work experience in digital media and publishing. Further work with other aspects of Verge Magazine and the Go Global Expos may also be available to the intern this summer and fall, depending on the intern's performance and interest.