Part-time position (20+ hours per week – or may be combined with photo editing position for a full-time position) - $15/hr, minimum 3 months
Application deadline: ASAP and no later than February 12, 2016
Verge Magazine is seeking a researcher to assist with the compilation of a database relevant to working, volunteering and studying abroad. Working closely with our editor, the intern will:
• conduct online research related to Verge Magazine projects
• extract relevant information and format it to strict guidelines
• write and edit database entries
• post end edit website information.
• Minimum one year of post-secondary education;
• Impeccable writing and grammar skills;
• Meticulous organization skills, and great time management;
• Perfectionist with strong attention to detail;
• Strong work ethic and reliability;
• Ideally an interest in meaningful travel.
This position allows the intern to work remotely, with somewhat flexible hours according to a pre-arranged schedule. The candidate must have their own computer which is suitable for work.
This position would be suitable for someone looking to gain work experience in digital media and publishing. Further work with other aspects of Verge Magazine and the Go Global Expos may also be available to the intern, depending on the intern's performance and interest.