International Volunteers Network, Inc offers many exciting volunteer and travel abroad experiences, mini-escapes and summer escapes, wildlife safaris, rural community insights and cultural immersion programs to international volunteers/travelers coming to the East African region. Our unique and stimulating programs engage participants in breathtaking journeys to exotic land, Uganda – the Pearl of Africa.
Our focus is to give people of any age and background the opportunity to offer their time, energy and skills to sustainable community development projects in Uganda, whilst exploring new cultures, developing new skills and establishing lifelong friendships to people that also:
• care about the needs of the local people in developing countries
• care about respecting local customs and culture
• care about preserving the environment and natural resources
VISION: Our vision is to break the cycle of cultural phobia and “profession-culture” biases that hinder global integration, leading to tolerance and better understanding of the similarities and differences amongst cultures.
MISSION: The mission of International Volunteer Network Inc. is two-fold;
1. Foster the understanding and appreciation of the various cultural interfaces associated with globalization through broad-based inter-cultural exchanges, and volunteerism.
2. Working with local communities to identify areas of mutual cooperation like reducing poverty, diseases and ignorance and professional collaboration