Events Marketing Assistant
Based in Toronto, with travel to Montreal
Please apply ASAP
Verge magazine is seeking an outgoing and organized Events Marketing Assistant for a short-term, full-time contract. This person's primary role will be to assist with the marketing and execution of the upcoming Go Global Expos, taking place in Toronto and Montreal.
We are looking for someone with a passion for meaningful travel and its importance in creating global citizens, and who wants to inspire others to get involved. Experience working, studying, volunteering or living abroad would be greatly valued.
Working closely with the event manager, the successful candidate will help to:
- Plan and execute event marketing initiatives;
- Represent Verge magazine at trade show and campus events;
- Engage students directly on campus via tabling at events, flyering, meeting student groups;
- Recruit, train, schedule and manage student volunteers;
- Update marketing materials;
- Update websites;
- Develop and execute social media campaigns;
- Help to coordinate event logistics on-site.
Candidates should demonstrate the following skills:
• Outgoing with outstanding communications skills;
• Meticulous organization skills, strong attention to detail;
• Knowledge of, and experience with marketing;
• Adaptability, an ability to manage multiple demanding projects simultaneously;
• Self-starter, proven ability to work well independently;
• Ability to take the initiative to introduce and develop new ideas and solve problems;
• Must work well under pressure and be able to work to strict deadlines.
This is a full-time, short-term position, to begin immediately and end October 2, 2017. The successful candidate must be available to work the Go Global Expos in Toronto (Sept 23-24) and Montreal (Oct 1).