One of the most alluring things about a new city is their nightlife. Good drinks and good company can create memorable times for a person at home or abroad. I met some very close friends out on the town while abroad in many different places. You can have an awesome time out, just use some precaution to have the best time ever.
1. Make sure you’re with a few familiar faces. Being with people you can trust makes the night more enjoyable, especially if you’re going into a brand new setting.
2. Never take drinks from someone you don’t know, or set your drink down without paying attention to it. Always be smart and aware of what you are drinking.
3. Make sure you have enough money to take a cab or public transportation. Always check that the cabs you use are legitimate and not just people with private cars. Driving under the influence is never a good thing. Always keep some extra cash with you, just in case.
5. Always bring an ID! You never know what you will need it for. Different countries have different drinking ages and you may need it to enter a club or bar.
6. Don’t be afraid to converse with others in the bar or club you are at. It might make your night that much better.
7. Know some phrases like please and thank you and the name of your favorite food or drink in the local language. It makes ordering so much easier.
8. Last but not least: Bring a positive attitude, wear your favorite outfit and be ready to have a great time in a foreign city that you will never forget. And don’t forget your camera!