Events and Outreach Coordinator
Application deadline: June 30, 2017
Verge magazine is seeking an Event and Outreach Coordinator. This person's primary role will be to assist with public engagement initiatives at Verge; however, s/he will have opportunities to assist with many other aspects of the magazine's operation.
Working closely with the event manager and the publishers, the Outreach Coordinator will:
• contribute to all tasks related to outreach for the Go Global Expo, including:
o Planning and executing event marketing to the public;
o Brainstorming and executing event programming;
o Planning and managing the marketing budget, under the direction of the publisher;
o Coordinating event logistics on-site;
o Acting as the contact point for enquiries;
o Developing partnerships, sponsorships, strategic alliances;
o Research, strategic planning and partnership development to expand the event in future years.
• Plan and execute promotional projects, special events, contests and other initiatives;
• Represent Verge magazine at trade show and campus events;
• Be responsible for a variety of general office tasks;
• Assist with researching and cultivating new sponsorships and partnerships.
• Contribute to online initiatives.
• Contribute to other projects under the direction of the publishers as and when they arise.
Candidates must demonstrate the following skills:
• Outstanding communications skills;
• Excellent research skills;
• Meticulous organization skills, strong attention to detail;
• Knowledge of, and experience with marketing;
• Adaptability, an ability to manage multiple demanding projects simultaneously;
• Strong interpersonal skills, outgoing, comfortable on the phone and representing the organization in person;
• Self-starter, able to work well in a small team environment and independently;
• Ability to take the initiative to introduce and develop new ideas and solve problems;
• Strong technical skills;
• Fluency in French an advantage;
• Must work well under pressure and be able to work to strict deadlines.
We are looking for someone with a passion for meaningful travel and its importance in creating global citizens, and who wants to inspire others to get involved. Experience working, studying, volunteering or living abroad would be a strong asset.
Applicants must have a university degree.
This is a full-time position, to begin no later than July 15, 2017. After an initial training period, the successful applicant may be able to telecommute. The successful candidate must be available to work the Go Global Expos in Toronto (Sept 23-24) and Montreal (Oct 1).