In the Field Bloggers
Verge Magazine is looking for meaningful travellers willing to contribute a regular blog during their time abroad. Positions are unpaid and require a significant commitment—a minimum of one update every two weeks.
The aim of these blogs is to provide insight into the actual experience of going abroad for a placement – taking that great leap into unknown territory, with all the excitement and the challenges that come with it.
Blogs are most effective if they are personal and anecdotal (tell us your stories!) but still disciplined. Each blog entry should not read like a shopping list of activities you undertook, or a ramble, but should read like a mini-story. Have a point in mind, a message to communicate, in each entry.
In your email please include:
- your name and a brief bio
- a description of where you will be going overseas, and what you will be doing
- the name of the organization who will be sending you or hosting you (as applicable)
- your departure date and length of stay
- a summary of your prior travel experience
- a sample of your writing if available
- reasons for your interest in blogging for Verge
Thanks for your interest, and happy travels!